Mark O’Connell earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Management Information Systems from Albertus Magnus College in 2002. He received his Master of Science degree in Leadership from Albertus Magnus College in 2007.
In 2002, he joined the IT staff at The Hartford Financial Services Group in Hartford CT., where he worked in various roles for a period of eight years. Highlights of Mr. O‘Connell’s time at The Hartford included:
- Software certification, management, and documentation
- The deployment of enterprise-wide technical and productivity applications, such as Webroot Spy Sweeper and Microsoft Office with Microsoft Outlook
- Provided support services to 20,000+ Enterprise e-mail users with Microsoft Exchange and Outlook.
- The design of a help desk ticketing queue system for both Exchange and Lotus Notes.
In 2007, Mr. O’Connell Joined I.B.M. as a Technical Services Professional, assigned to The Hartford Financial Services Group.
Highlights of Mr. O‘Connell’s time at I.B.M. included:
- Support for 25,000+ Microsoft Exchange users
- Creation of documentation for various messaging related functions
- Shared e-mail account management
- Ticket queue management related to Exchange
- Disaster recovery planning and its impacts to Exchange and Outlook.
After leaving I.B.M., Mr. O’Connell also worked as a Technical Helpdesk Associate for Xerox, where he supported Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and various electronic medical records systems.
Mr. O’Connell also holds a number of professional certifications, including A+, INet+, and is a Microsoft Certified Professional and Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist.
Mr. O’Connell has also taught courses in computer operating systems and productivity software to students at Albertus Magnus College, Branford Hall Career Institute, and Porter and Chester Institute.